Friday 9 April 2010

UPDATE: Pressing the flesh...Paddy Ashdown (again)...

I've visited both of the sitting MP's constituency offices this week and the mood in both was one of controlled frenzy. I don't care what the cynics say; elections are intensely exciting affairs.

MPs are fighting for their jobs as well as their politics, although they wouldn't phrase it like that, I'm sure.

A lot of flesh has already been pressed and the door-knocking and meeting-and-greeting will be relentless until polling day.

It must be exhausting meeting dozens of new people every day and trying to convince them to like you, to vote for you.

I've also been told that Paddy Ashdown, who is spearheading the Lib Dems South West campaign, will be in North Devon again next week, campaigning. He was in South Molton in January and due at the Plough in Torrington for a hustings this week as well. Nick Clegg was here earlier this year and Chris Huhne in autumn 2009...

When will David Cameron swing by I wonder?

I don't expect to see Gordon Brown here given that Labour has struggled to hit double percentage figures of the vote since the 1950s in North Devon.

No comments:

Post a Comment